My Goals Towards a Happier Lifestyle

5:42 PM


The closer it gets to graduation, the more I'm considering what I want to do with my time once I'm out of school. Between juggling work, school, and applying for jobs it's been a stressful whirlwind of emotions. Now that the time is quickly approaching, I want to start incorporating new things into my daily routine to transition myself into a happy and progressive adulthood. Here's my list of what I plan to do to achieve just that:

Start a bullet journal

I've heard about this phenomenon all over the Internet. It seems like a really interesting concept, and I love any chance at creativity so I'm on board with the idea. Especially when I start a new job, I want to be able to organize my life and practice being more proactive.

Incorporate "fun" in exercising

I've always struggled getting into the habit of exercising, but I want to take a different approach. Instead of dedicating time to the treadmill or the elliptical, I want to start dancing or box classes, or go rollerblading and bike ride. Not only are all of these a great workout, but they are much more fun.

Practice saving

This is something that's pretty difficult to do, especially when it comes to food. I have a horrible habit of spending too much money on takeout and coffee. When my schedule gets busy I resort to the drive thru, and I want to start learning how to prepare meals ahead of time and save that money for better things.

Read every day

As great as watching a movie or catching up on a show on Netflix is, nothing beats stepping away from the world and immersing yourself in a book. In my option, it's one of the best ways to relax.

Take time away from technology

Working as social media intern, as well as having to use social media for class, has made me realize how much I actually hate working with it all the time. It's a great way to stay connected, but there are times when I just want to shut it all off and take a break from it. I think technology has the ability to cause a lot of anxiety and take a toll on our bodies (mentally and physically). I want to practice using it less in my life and learn to take time away from it.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love these tips! I recently started doing some of them as well like reading every night instead of looking at my phone before bed. It helps you fall asleep faster and it's much more relaxing, in my option. I've also thought about bullet journaling, but I don't really know how to start so if you have any recommendations I'd love to hear them!

    ReplyDelete